Youth & Arts Sector
This sector will form part of a broader youth participation strategy in which a range of various mechanisms will be established to facilitate greater input and involvement by young people in the area. The participation mechanisms that will compliment this sector may include local neighborhood youth forums and committees.
The youth sector aims to provide a platform for youth oriented organizations to advocate to a diverse range of young people who are reflective of the community they represent.
The role of the Youth and Arts sector is:
- Ensuring the active involvement of young people in development and
decision making processes at both district and national level
- To ensure that work undertaken and decisions made at the district links with the work undertaken by the network of youth organizations at national level.
- To build confidence and skills of the members of the committee by resourcing them to be competent spokespeople on behalf of their needs, issues and interests of the diverse population of Ngamiland Youth
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for this sector includes amongst others;
- To ensure that the information used to make decisions is representative of the diversity of young people that make up the youth population in Ngamiland
- To actively involve young people through their organizations in developing and implementing strategies that addresses the issues affecting young people in Ngamiland
- To create opportunities for local young people through their representative organizations to input into Ngamiland decision making process
- Ensure the development/review of policies, legislation and guidelines for district and national youth interventions
- Mobilize and leverage resources for the implementation of the youth district response
Currently the membership of NCONGO’s Youth and Arts sector stands at following affiliates: